In the present times, cell phones have become an indispensable part of our lives. A major portion of our day-to-day life relies on our smartphones. With maximum usage, smartphones are more prone to suffer a damage due to dropping the phone or damage due to water contact.
Repairing mobile phones was never easy, and now it has become more difficult due to in-built batteries. But the whole task becomes much easier and manageable with a repair tool kit with all the effective tools, even for the first-timers. So, whether you’re dealing with a broken screen or a damaged battery, you can solve the issue without rushing to the repair center every time. All you need is the right set of repair tools.
In this guide, you’ll see what essential tools to have in your repair kit and how to choose the right tool kit.
How to choose a smartphone repair tool kit?
While choosing tools for the repair kit, make sure you always prefer good quality. You’ll see many tools available in the market but choose what’s suitable for your device or mobile repair business.
Suppose you don’t run a repair center and seeking tools for personal use. In that case, it’s best to invest in a simple mobile repair tool kit to handle normal jobs like battery or screen replacements.
If you’re a professional, your workspace will need a variety of tools as you’ll require specialized tools for repairing different devices.
7 crucial tools in a smartphone repair tool kit
- Screwdriver kit – Disassembling is the first step to every repairing process. Hence, you’ll require a screwdriver kit to do the job for you. One screwdriver won’t be enough; you’ll need a whole kit to handle different devices.
- Knife Kit – A knife kit is essential for scraping, cutting, cleaning, or doing any other task that requires a sharp object. You’ll get knife blades with different shapes and sharpness in your knife kit, which can cover various devices.
- Tweezers – You won’t find anything large inside your smartphone. All the parts of your smartphone are kept tiny to make the phone weightless. So, while repairing, you might face a problem picking those tiny parts with your hands. That’s where tweezers will help you. Tweezers will help you pick the tiniest components of your smartphone while repairing.
- Heat Gun – You will require to apply heat to pry up the smartphone. All the cell phones are sealed with super-strength adhesive to avoid water contact with any internal components. But while repairing a phone, you’ll have to soften the glue with a hairdryer or heat gun. The heat from the heat gun softens the glue so you can separate the display.
- Suction Pliers – If you’re dealing with an iPhone or similar phone where prying the display is required to get inside the phone, suction pliers can be very helpful to you.
- With pliers – you have to place one side of the suction cup on the screen and one on the back of the phone. After that, squeeze the pliers to detach the screen from the phone. If you want to replace a cracked screen or battery, suction pliers are of great use.
- Mini Pry Bar – You’ll require a mini pry bar to open a cell phone cautiously during the repairing process. Using a regular screwdriver may cause damage, but this won’t happen with a mini pry bar because they are designed specifically for that.Usually, a pry tool is 9mm on one side and 6mm on the other side, which is suitable for opening various devices.
- Guitar Picks – You can use suction pliers to pry up the display, but you’ll need a guitar prick to open a firmly glued display.Guitar pricks come in handy when you want to create space carefully. For instance, if you’ve opened half of the top screen panel and you’re about to open the other half, you can insert the guitar prick in the opened section, so it doesn’t fall back. They can also be used as spudgers.
Wrapping up the guide
The best way to choose a tool kit is to buy one which fulfills all your requirements. Another thing is to make sure you don’t compromise with quality. The cheaper tools might save you a few dollars, but they won’t be safe and comfortable to use. On the other hand, a little expensive and good quality tools will ensure your job is done without any damages.