Have you ever had a day when your phone suddenly stopped working when you were right in the middle of doing something important? It’s safe to assume that the majority of us are familiar with this feeling. One might suddenly start to panic and directly search on the net to fix their phone by themselves at home. Some websites show you how certain hacks or tricks might help you improve your phone problem, but as we know, it’s not over there. Sometimes they work, sometimes they do not. Fixing your mobile phone at home may seem effective at the moment as it will not only help you save time but also money. We may not know what the real cause the phone suddenly stopped is, and solving the problem on your own might not be the best solution. This might worsen the situation as sometimes for repairing your mobile, and one might need tools and proper knowledge about the problem.
There are certain common repairs. You can do it by yourself easily at home.
- Liquid damage or water damage: this is by far the most common problem most of us face. Carrying phones everywhere has become customary to us. This increases your chance that your phone may fall in the toilet, in the sink, maybe you might drop water on your phone, and there are many such ways this can happen. The most usual trick that has been shown on the internet is the ‘rice trick.’ The steps are simple to take your phone out from the water. Wipe it with a dry towel. Place your phone in uncooked rice and wait. This is not the ideal DIY to do as it sometimes works and sometimes it doesn’t. Another trick is using a hairdryer, and one can use it to dry your flow with heat under 166°F. Following this trick, the other popular method is to use salt to dry your phone, as salt helps withdraw the moisture. But the only problem with this method is it might start corroding your phone. One must be careful while doing so. Also, do not plug your phone directly into the switch when it’s wet. Make sure before switching on the plug, and your phone is completely dry.
- As said earlier, phones are an integral part of our lifestyle. They have become inseparable from us. With constantly using our phones, they might start getting slow and start lagging. If your phone keeps lagging, which makes you feel irritated, one might want to clear out excess data stored. Clearing phone cache and apps which you no longer use is also helpful. One might also need to update their phone’s system. If you have tried the steps mentioned above and your phone still isn’t functioning well, you might have problems concerning your phone’s battery or hardware issue, requiring professional assistance.
- Signal problems do occur most often. Most of the time, we keep blaming the service provider, but the problem may sometimes be with your device itself. This may happen when dust gets accumulated around the signal receiver, which may cause issues with signals. This could be solved by clearing the accumulated dust with a plain cloth that might help. Another reason this might happen is due to the overloading of unused apps.
These were some of the issues regarding your phone that you can try fixing with yourself. But certain problems can occur, and they cannot be resolved at home, and one should avoid fixing them at home.
- Cracked screen: this one problem is faced by both aneroid as well iOS users. Phones having a large display, if they have a cracked screen, can cause more damage. Using a phone with a cracked screen can cause further damage. If the screen replacement isn’t done properly without professional tools and knowledge, you may cause more damage. Manier times, people try replacing the screen themselves but fail and seek professional assistance, but they end up damaging it more than before.
- Overheating: have you suddenly felt you’re getting hot, even though you haven’t used it much? This might be due to software or hardware problems with your phone. One way you can check if the problem is regarding software and hardware. You just have to stop using the app you are currently using for a long time and then switch off your phone and allow it to cool down. Once the phone is cooled down, switch it on and see if it happens again. If it does, get professional help.
- Charging ports: another common problem many people face with their phones is a failure in their charging port. One could easily get a charging port replaced with professional help.
- Headphone: replacing smartphone batteries isn’t easy. Many people often change their phone rather than changing their phone’s battery. Many websites and videos show how one can effectively change their phone’s battery, but not all of them may be true or effective. It’s always advisable to visit the cellphone store and consult them.
- Button replacement: this is also one of the issues which occur more often than usual. Power buttons and home buttons can easily be replaced with professional help without damaging other phone parts.
Often, we tend to try to fix issues regarding our phones with our help, but many times the problem does not lie in the domain and can be resolved at home. One should always seek professional help to avoid further damage.